The mission of Whispers & Fringes has always been to “empower women on a quest for more.” Over the past 5 years, we have done various Bible studies, mentored, started a Facebook page and website which includes daily devotions: www.whispersandfringes.com.
We want to let you know of a couple of changes:
1) Blog/Devotions – We will be posting 3 days/week now on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We may sneak in an extra post every now & then but this will be our routine schedule.
2) Monthly meeting – In 2017, we will be changing our format to a Discipleship Program. The curriculum will be “Through the Bible”.
– Reading through the Bible in a year along with note taking and scripture memorization
– Monthly meetings: brief teaching and group discussion
– Quarterly fellowship meetings including a community outreach
– Meeting details: 2nd Sunday of every month (exception: holidays), time: 6:30 – 7:30; location TBD – possibly Allen, Frisco, and/or Flower Mound
– 1 year commitment – 2 excused absences permitted
As you can see, this is a pretty big change and you may be wondering why.
We are ready to go a little deeper…to require a little more of ourselves…to grow in the Word because it changes us…to get more comfortable sharing from the Word because the world we live in needs it…to stay accountable in various areas of our lives because we want to be the best representatives of Christ that we possibly can be…to truly hide His Word in our heart because it is the light for our path.
IF YOU LIVE IN THE DALLAS AREA AND ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN OUR DISCIPLESHIP PROGRAM IN 2017, THE DEADLINE TO JOIN IS 12/14/2016.
If you have any questions, I will be happy to help clarify however I can. If you know of any other women (above 18 years) who may be interested, please feel free to forward this to them. If you don’t live in the Dallas area, maybe you can get some friends together and join us in your local city – I’d be happy to help get you started.
You can leave a comment below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or private message us on FB.
God bless you!